Thursday, January 20, 2011

Seed Bead Mania

I first got hooked on seed beading when an aquantaince gave me a box full of all these tiny, shiny beads. Well, actually, she gave the box to my 4 year old (at the time) niece. Her mother and I decided they were much too small for her, so I got them. Anyway, I suddenly had this box of beads and some monofilament, and no real idea what to do with them. Enter the internet. Oh my, the things I could do with seed beads! Bracelets, earings, necklaces, rings... RINGS! ( I might be a tad addicted to seed bead rings... maybe)


Before I knew it, I was buying special threads and needles, and then more beads. And more beads. And more beads. But oh, the things I could make! I started with basic netted bracelets, then I learned peyote and I was truly hooked. Seeing those little beads sit so nicely next to each other - and later when I switched to cylinder beads hearing them click into place - heaven.

So, to celebrate my beading nirvana, over the next several posts I am going to discuss several important beading topics that I have been asked about a lot:
Seed Beads vs. Cylinder Beads
Culling
Which Stitch to Learn First

Be sure to join me!

Quote: The will to be stupid is a very powerful force, but there are always alternatives. - Lois McMaster Bujold, "Brothers in Arms"
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...