Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party 1: First Reveal!

Hey all! So, today is the first reveal for the Bead Soup Blog Party v7.0! Woo!

You might remember that my partner is Roxanne from Strikes My Fancy. Unfortunately, she had some real life stuff come up and had to postpone her reveal. Don't worry, I will be sure to post when she does!

Here is a reminder of the awesome beads Roxanne sent me:

Soup from Roxanne

I was able to make two items from this wonderful soup (so far!). The first is a ring... yeah I know, with me it is always rings. But I love this one SOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I used some of the small gold faceted beads she sent, mixed with some of my own size 8 seed beads in black.

bsbp7_ring

bsbp7_ring_hand

Such a fun funky look!

bsbp7_necklace

So the second piece I created is a necklace. And boy did I have trouble with it! From the beginning I knew exactly what I wanted to make... take the focal and make a lariat style necklace using macrame. However, the macrame did not like me. I could not for the life of me seem to keep my knots even... some were really really tight while others were way too loose... so adjustments were made... and made... and made... and finally about an hour ago I gave up and changed the design just so I could get it done. I attached the clasps I was sent with some simple knots. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the back... and at this point I am not going back down the stairs to take another picture so... I think what I will do is keep working on the necklace. Then once Roxanne is ready to post hers, I will post the reworked necklace! Yes, that is what I will do!

So, that is what I got done... not nearly enough. I still have plans for some earrings with the heart beads... and maybe another ring...

To visit the rest of the party, please visit the official site for the full list! Have a "Hoppy" Easter! (get it? We will all be hopping from blog to blog!)
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...