Friday, February 4, 2011

Spring Dreams


Spring Dreams
Originally uploaded by sallaevilincarnate
Ok, so we got 9 inches of snow this week and had windchills around -20 degrees F. I am so done with winter at this point.

So, I was dreaming of warmth and all things Spring and made this ring last night (it is my Ring A Week entry this week). It is based on a design that was available free on the Bead and Button website. The original design by Julie Riggs was for a bracelet with 3 flowers. It was done in crossweave(2 needle weaving). I didn't want a whole bracelet, so I decided to do just one flower, and since I don't like crossweave I reworked the thread path a little to allow for it to be done with just one needle. The flower is made from 20 4mm bicone crystals, 1 6mm round crystal, and 10 size 11 seed beads. The band is done with a gram or so of size 11 Delicas.

Overall, I think I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I think I will make a few more in some other colors and then list them this weekend in my Etsy shop.

Quote: Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.
Victor Hugo (1802 - 1885)
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...