Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Pattern - Sea Serpent


I offer you a whimsical sea serpent attacking a viking ship. "Why?" you ask. Because my niece and I have been reading the Hiccup Horrendous Haddack III books by Cressida Cowell. For those of you who are not familiar, the first book in this fun series inspired the Dreamworks movie How to Train Your Dragon.

sea_serpent_ring

dragon

The books are a fun romp through viking times with dragons, pirates, Romans, and fart jokes. My 7 year old niece and I started reading the books shortly before the movie came out and have been slowly working our way through the series. I say slowly because I can only read with her about one night a week and because the books are a little hard to find at my local library (they are British and had a lower print run in the US apparently). On the most recent book, the little vixen got tired of waiting for me and finished the book without me! How rude.

Anyway, enjoy the pattern. It is suitable for a ring, or could be expanded for a thin bracelet. Could also be adapted to a pin, or a hair barrette... let your imagination run wild!

Quote: This is Berk. It snows nine months out of the year, and hails the other three. What little food grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here, even more so. The only upsides are the pets. While other places have ponies, or parrots... we have dragons. - Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III - How to Train Your Dragon (film)
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...