Friday, April 15, 2011

Reworked Flower Ring

Awhile back, I posted a lovely ring with a crystal flower on it. It was a bright, spring time ring and I loved it. The only problem I had with it was that the flower was based on someone else's design. So, I decided to try making a crystal flower with no pattern or design. One that would be mine. Here is the result.

new flower ring

The flower is done in triangle weave with silver seedbeads between the crystals to ease wear on the thread. When attaching it to the base, I added a silver 3 mm round bead to the center.

I am fairly happy with this version of the ring. Although the blue crystals used this time are not as bright as last time... may have to try again with a brighter blue... or lavender.

Added tip: erasers make great bead stops and are good for holding pins as you start peyote.

bead stop

Quote: Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.
Chuck Palahniuk (1962 - ), Invisible Monsters, 1999
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...