Friday, May 13, 2011

Bead-tastrophies and other things that didn't go as I wanted...

So I did some traveling for work a few weeks ago. Remembering all the beading magazine writers talking about beading on planes, I took my beads with me.

BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!

My favorite bead mavens must all travel first class, cause back in economy, there is no room to bead. There is not even room to get into your bag to look at beads. There was only room to be elbowed by the guys on either side of me. So, with this in mind, on the return trip I checked my bead bag. It was a nice substantial bag and I had everything well packed. Should be safe... or not.

SAM_0624

A couple of my boxes broke, a couple of the tubes within them broke, delicas everywhere, tiny pearls everywhere.... blah. So, this mess is why I was unmotivated to bead or even talk about beading for a bit.

This week, I decided to get over it and start a new project. Wanted to make a peyote ring with a hidden message. While I technically succeeded, I am not thrilled with it. Need to work on ways to hide the overlapping section... maybe some crystal clusters....

20110512213020

20110512213001

Finally, feel free to check out this month's Etsy Beadweavers Challenge entries. Voting runs through the 15th of May.

Quote: A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900), The Gay Science, section 41
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...