Monday, March 5, 2012

What I Made Monday

This weekend I completed a steampunk-esque necklace that I was making for my sister. The main part of the chain is kumihimo (Japanese braiding) with some antique copper beads. The endcaps for this section are made from vintage watch keys. This is contected by brass chain to a focal made from a lock plate (reproduction found in the scrapbooking section) with a vintage watch face and some gears glued on (I just couldn't resist gluing on the gears!). The focal is connected to the chain using two clasps. This means it can be removed and the chain can be turned around and worn by itself.

I have to admit that I totally LOVE the way this turned out!

steampunk_necklace3

steampunk_necklace1

steampunk_necklace2

Quote: “A clockwork heart can't replace the real thing.”
― Dru Pagliassotti, Clockwork Heart
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...