So, I wanted to talk about the earrings I made for this swap. I decided to go with a theme for my beads. We have a black polymer clay tablet (tiny tablet I will give you...) which I stamped with some words... no, I can't read it either... not the point. I used some white acrylic paint to make the words stand out. For the other earring, I made a quill out of black shrink plastic. I used a white Sharpie paint pen to draw the feather quill. I paired these with some black AB crystals I salvaged from a bracelet. Final touch was the silver plated leverback ear wires.
Between the theme and the color matching, I think these are a mismatched pair that pulls together pretty well. I love the idea of using shrink plastic for an art bead. It allows so much room for creativity without having to have any special equipment. It is completely accessible. I like that.