Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Please stop spamming my Pinterest

You may have noticed my lack of posting lately. The main reason for this is that my day job has been incredibly, mind killingly busy lately. When I get home I hardly want to even look at a computer. So, in the few spare minutes when I do want to peruse some internet fluff, what I don't want to see is my Pinterest homepage filled with a zillion variations of one thing. Example:



Now, this particular grouping was spammed by a scrapbook supplies company I follow. I chose it so as not to offend a specific person. However, this is not the only time this has happened. Sometimes it cards... page after page of cards, or tattoos, or earrings, or 200 year old jewelry... wait, those were kind of cool.

Anyway, I know that many of us (myself included) tend to think of Pinterest as our own personal picture bookmarks. We pin whatever is amusing us right now, and sometimes we pin a lot of it. I am pretty sure I did it to people the other day when I was pinning cameos. My point is, remember that you have people following you. When you pin 27 of nearly the same thing within a few minutes, they see 27 of nearly the same thing all at once. So, vary what you pin, or spread it out. Remember, if you are just going through other pins you don't have to repin - you can like it instead. This will still allow you to find it later, but won't spam your followers.

Thank you for pinning courteously. P.S. Keep your recipes off your craft boards, I am trying to diet here...
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...