Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bead Soup is coming...

So it is that time again, time to send beads and get beads and make great things and look at the great things others make. Time for the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party - now to be held annually.

I am part of the first reveal (3/30) and am partnered with Roxanne Blanc of Strikes My Fancy. I have already picked out the soup I will be sending this weekend... but I'm not sharing it yet!

Instead, I am gonna share the soup I sent for the 6th BSBP. Sadly, my partner for that swap never got the package, and I never received my package from her. But, I was really proud of this soup - specifically of the clasp I hand crafted. So, I have decided to show it off now. So, there!

bead_soup_six

I hand shaped some heavy gauge copper wire (I think it was 12 gauge?> into the shape of a fish. I then used some small gauge blue wire to weave around it and fill it in. This was my very first attempt at wire weaving - and I sucked at it. Up close there are nicks in the color of the wire, and my joins suck... but I tried and I like it! I completed the clasp with a hand shaped copper hook - so you could "hook" the fish, see? Also in the soup was a base metal fish bead, some lucite white beads, sea glass beads, beaded beads, some glass rounds, pony beads, and a resin focal I made.

While it makes me sad to think that this soup is still floating around in some international postal dimension, I am proud that I went outside my comfort zone to make something for a fellow beader. Maybe someday, she will even receive it.
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...