Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What I have been working on

So, I haven't really shared lately things that I have been working on... and I have been working on things. Today I will share two of those things with you.

First up is the case for the Kindle Fire I got for Christmas. It started life as a plain black leather case, but I knew from the beginning that I wanted something more geeky. After looking at different ones online, I decided I could paint mine the way I wanted it and ordered some leather paints for this purpose. Then I didn't paint. I was afraid... cause once you put the leather paint on, you can't really take it off, and what if I screwed up royally? Well, this weekend I said "screw it" and went for it. So very glad that I did cause I love it!

kindle_front.jpg

kindle front back.jpg

For those of you wondering what on earth this is... first, go watch Doctor Who! Start with the 2005 season on Netflix and move forward. You will love it! Second, it is the diary of River Song (BCC printable dust cover version). Basically, a prop from Doctor Who... but a really cool prop!

Next, I made a necklace this week. Oddly, it is a strung necklace - I almost never do strung jewelry. But this design just popped into my head one day and demanded I make it. The original concept in my head was for black beads, but I didn't have any. So I used some dark purple beads instead. I have decided after careful consideration that I am glad I did. The color is wonderful!

necklace_wip.jpg

necklace.jpg

Sorry for inflicting the really crappy mirror picture on you, but I wanted to show what it looked like on. The back is chain... and some chain extender as I need it really long to go under the collar of this shirt. Do you ever dress up a little just so you can wear a particular piece of jewelry?

So, this is not by any means all I have been working on (cameos anyone?) but it is all I currently have pictures of. More to come in the future!
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...