Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Pattern - The Tardis!

I will assume that you are all cool, and thus are watching Doctor Who on BBC and or BBCA. In which case, like me you loved this past week's episode written by Neil Gaiman, in which we finally got to meet the Tardis.

If you have read any of Mr. Gaiman's work (which again, shouldn't be in question for those who are cool...)- such as Caroline, American Gods, Sandman - you could see so much of him in this episode. I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to spoiler and I suck at writing reviews, but it was a BLAST!

And it inspired this lovely pattern below. It was initially conceived as a ring, but is a little larger than I generally like my rings. So, for those of us with small hands, it will make a lovely skinny bracelet. For those with larger hands, a great ring. It shows the Tardis flying through the cosmos! My only reqret is that I couldn't find a way to make it say Police.

tardis_ring_blog

Tardis Facts:
1) Tardis stands for Time and Relative Dimension in Space
2) The Tardis is notoriously bigger on the inside
3) The Tardis can change shape to fit into any enviroment, however, it's chameleon circuit broke and now it is stuck as a 1960's British Police Box
4) The Tardis is supposed to be run by 6 people, this is why the Doctor is always running madly around the console
5) The Tardis inhabited a living being once before, when it possessed Rose Tyler during the Bad Wolf story line.

Quote: ...and then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one. Fortunately I was able to reattach the head.
The Doctor - The Doctor's Wife
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...