Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fading Away

You know it can happen. You hear other people talk about it happening. But you never think it will happen to you. Well, today it happened to me.
There is a woman I work with who has purchased several peyote rings from me. Today she came up to me with one that had been her favorite. It was originaly made with a variety of lovely blue size 10 Delicas, some matte and some shiny. When she showed it to me today it looked like it had mange. Many of the shiny beads had lost their color. Looking at them, I can now see that the color was only applied to the inside of the bead. As this is her favorite ring, she wore it a lot. The constant wear caused the beads to move around on the thread. Moving around on the thread wore the color away. Dammit.
Live and learn I guess. Just annoying cause I thought I already "knew". She is not too upset with me, and I am going to give her a good deal on a bracelet I have made that she likes to make up for it. Still just really frustrating. Luckily, this is the only ring I made with that mix. *sigh*

Quote: Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.
John Updike (1932 - )
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...