Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sometimes, I like to play with resin

So, I got to make a resin necklace on commission for a coworker. It was a fun piece to make, slightly steampunky, always fun. It was made by doing several layers of resin in a bottlecap bezel. The first layer was tinted black. The next layer was clear and I added some gears and a partial watch face. This was followed by another clear layer. Then I used a drop of resin to attach the cross. This was, of course, done over the course of several days to allow each layer to set. Once the final layer was cured, I drilled a hole and then attached my bail with a rivet. I really love rivets, not sure why.

Anyway, here is the finished product. In a box even!

2011-10-13 08.48.46

Quote: To some, ‘steampunk’ is a catchall term, a concept in search of a visual identity. To me, it’s essentially the intersection of technology and romance. – Jake von Slatt
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...