Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Beading Daily Earrings Every Day Challenge: Day 17

There is no day 17.

Yeah, well, ya see... I got caught up in some etching and didn't get any earrings made for day 17. I plan to make up for this by making two pair of earrings tonight. In the mean time, I thought I would share with you my favorite pair of earrings ever.

Let me start by saying I did not make them. I actually purchased them (at Walmart, I think) about 10 years ago, long before I discovered beading and jewelry making.

favorite earrings ever

These are simple sterling silver hoops, about a half an inch across. The reason they are my favorite earrings ever, is that I never have to think about them. They are small, light weight, close completely so that nothing is poking you in the back of the head. I can sleep in them, I can swim or shower in them, I have been known to wear them for up to 3 years without taking them out. I have, in fact, been wearing them darn near continuously since the day I bought them 10 years ago! Because they are a high quality sterling, I don't have to worry about destroying them the way I do with base metals (my family has very acidic body chemistry). They add just that little bit of bling to my ears, without my ever having to really worry about them. Oh! And they go with everything! No style conflicts!

I love these earrings. As much as I have enjoyed making earrings this month, and though I really like many of the pairs I made, this will always be my default pair of earrings. Do you have a favorite pair of earrings? Feel free to tell me about them in the comments!
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...