Wednesday, April 25, 2012

New Pattern: Dragon

I am more than a little bit in love with dragons. So, I thought I would try my hand at a dragon ring pattern. I don't think I did too bad for the scale.

ring_dragon1

Some ideas for making things pop a little:

1) I say this a lot, but mix your beads! Mixing rocailles with cylinder beads will help give the design dimension!
2) Choose your own colors! Though I have done the pattern in a simple color scheme, feel free to mix it up! Maybe your dragon needs to be purple, or blue!
3) Choose spiffy beads! Jazz it up with some silver lined beads, or go for an iridescent finish (just be sure it will stick!).

I hope to have some beading time this evening to whip this guy up for myself. I will be sure to post the finished ring later in the week!

Quote: It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.
J. R. R. Tolkien
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...