Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The power of flags...

So I was messing with some beads last night and made a new ring. It is a US flag done in peyote stitch. I then put two simple strung seedbead bands on it. The bands are joined together through the middle.
ring2
20110608173517
The second photo is a little blurry, but you get the idea. I am finding it very easy to wear, with the flag portion sitting nicely across the top of my finger. This type of band, gives a more 'traditional' ring feel than the full peyote rings I have done in the past. I think I will make up a few more and put them in my Etsy shop for Independence Day.

Quote: We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain." And they're going, "You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us." "Do you have a flag?" "We don't need a flag, this is our country you bastard!"
- Eddie Izzard
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...