Thursday, August 25, 2011

8 Bit Rings

8bitrings_logo

So, after much debate, both internal and external, I have finally decided to open a separate Etsy shop just for my rings. I give you 8 bit rings. Only a few items listed right now, but over the course of the next week or so, I will be adding more. Some you have seen, some you haven't.

So, why the new shop? A lot of reasons.
1) Branding. I really feel like my rings are a product that I bring the most of myself to. As such, I feel that I can really develope a specifc brand around them.
2) Pricing. I have been badly underpricing my work. While my prices covered materials, they did not adequately cover the time spent creating a piece. This move allows me to alter my prices to more appropriately reflect my labor, without too much sticker shock.
3) To generate interest on Etsy. My original Etsy shop never really seems to get much traffic. I am hopping that the rebranding, the specialization, new pictures and descriptions will help generate more interest and traffic for my shop.

So, feel free to go take a look at the new sho and leave some comments with any feedback you might have. All opinions are greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Quote: In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative original thinker unless you can also sell what you create. Management cannot be expected to recognize a good idea unless it is presented to them by a good salesman.
David M. Ogilvy
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...