Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Ring Pattern: Diamond Ring

ring_diamond_pattern Today I bring you a pattern to make your own "Diamond" ring! This simple pattern works up really quickly but is a lot of fun to wear. I created mine using black Delicas and silver rocailles, but I am totally seeing this in every gem tone I can find!

My "diamond" ring

If you look closely, you will see that the silver has worn off the front of my diamond already, even though this ring is only a week old. However, because the back is pulled away from my finger it still has its silver. I got lucky as this actually produces a cool effect sort of like a silver backed crystal. I will preserve this by using a dab of clear fingernail polish on the back of the diamond. However, when I make this for sale I will be sure to use the Duracoat beads!

closeup
Quote: Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
---Terry Pratchett
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...