Tuesday, February 14, 2012

True love never dog ears pages

So, for Valentine's day this year, my niece and I made some heart bookmarks. As she has type 1 diabetes, we try to find things to give out that are not candy.

This year I came across a cute tutorial for making felt heart bookmarks. While I am teaching my niece to sew, it is still a very slooooooow process. This necessitated some minor changes. We made our hearts out of craft foam, and we painted on 'stitch marks'. Still turned out rather cute.

Heart Bookmarks

Molly was in charge of cutting out the hearts and making the 'stitch marks', I got to do the hot gluing. She then slipped one on each of the Valentine's cards for her classmates. Good way to pass a Sunday afternoon.

Heart Bookmark closeup

Quote: I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf.
Robert Bloch (1917 - 1994)
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...