Monday, February 27, 2012

What I Made Monday

So, I was away from my studio(living room corner) this past week. In the past I have had bad experiences when traveling with beads, so I was leary about taking them with me this time. But, after much thought (and much repacking) I finally decided to take some with me.

I wanted something that would be easy to work on (didn't need to look at the pattern) and something that could either be finished quickly or was easy to start and stop. These hearts were perfect for that. After I made the first one, remembering the thread path to make some more was easy. The original pattern (only $1!) suggested making each heart an earring dangle, but I decided to string several together and make a necklace.

Heart motif necklace

Heart motif necklace

Attached to some beading chain, it totally fits the clean, no fuss asthetic that I like so much.

Quote: Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
John Bunny
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...