Friday, August 10, 2012

And the winner is....

Gite! Please email me at bysalla at gmail dot com with your address and I will get your earrings out to you!

UPDATE! Going back through the comments from Monday I seem to have miscounted. Dolla was actually the third comment. To correct this I will send a pair of earrings out to Gite AND Dolla! You can both email me to let me know the address to send the earrings to. Sorry for any confusion!

As for what I was making, there were no correct guesses (thus the random number generation). What you saw on Monday was me making a two part mold of a ring I had carved from wax.

The mold was made so that I could make resin copies of the ring (and maybe someday metal clay versions!). Below is my first resin ring... not great. I didn't add enough resin, and there was some leakage at the edges that caused little bits and things... but not bad either.

I will definitely be trying again with this mold and making other 2 part molds. This weekend I will take pictures of full process from the carving on and get those posted next week.

Thanks to all who participated!
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...