Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recycled Tile Cabochons

One of my favorite places to shop for supplies is my local Habitat for Humanity Resale Store (otherwise known as the Habitat ReStore). They sell used items that have been donated to them, mostly construction and remodeling leftovers. My local store gets stuff from the local college, so they tend to have some great furniture as well.

On a recent trip, I found a tennis ball container full of small white tiles. They were each about one inch square with curved corners. I loved them! And I picked up the whole container for $2.50! Once I got my find home, I decided to stamp them, in some cases color them, and then seal them. I can add a glue on bail and have an instant pendant, or I can do a beaded bezel, a wire wrapped setting, or they could even be used in bead embroidery! (though not by me, cause I suck at that) So, here are a few of the favorite ones I have done so far. All of these, and some others, are available in my Etsy shop for $5 a piece.

butterfly_necklace

trail_of_leave_green_closeup

watch_closeup

bird_closeup

birdhouse_closeup

all_tiles
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...